Carbon Footprint

Empreinte carbone chez Tarkett
The building and construction industry can make a major difference when it comes to climate impact and preservation of resources, as they represent 39% of global GHG emissions (production, transport & incineration) and 60-70% of total waste*. As a leading flooring manufacturer, we have a significant opportunity and responsibility to create change in our industry.

Our 2030 goals


of CO2 emissions throughout our value chain
(vs 2019).

2030 Climate Targets approved by SBTi, Science Based Targets initiative.


of recycled materials in our products
(vs 2020).

A- score (leadership level) achieved for climate performance at CDP.

What are the different types of greenhouse gas emissions?

Inside Tarkett’s carbon footprint

How we’re taking action

Our climate ambitions support the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement and the UN’s 2030 targets. We are taking steps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions across our whole value chain – this includes emissions from our suppliers and customers.

Arnaud Marquis, Tarkett

Shifting to a circular economy is key to achieving our climate goals. We are seeking to build more and more robust collaborations with all partners who share our ambition to make conscious choices for people and planet. This is the essence of Tarkett Human-Conscious Design®.

Arnaud Marquis – Chief Sustainability & Innovation Officer

Reducing our carbon footprint throughout our value chain

Our conscious approach

Although our products are designed to last, they must be replaced eventually.
For over 10 years, our teams have been using Cradle to Cradle® methodology to ensure that our products can be recycled at the end of their use – reducing ultimately our carbon footprint.

Watch the video to find out more about our 2030 ambitions

Climate roadmap

We’re taking action

To fight climate change, we must reduce our carbon footprint. With the help of Carbone 4, we have measured our carbon footprint as well as our trajectory to reduce our carbon impact throughout the value chain and contribute to Paris climate agreement.

Tarkett achieves a A- score, leadership level, at CDP
We are paving the way for a carbon-neutral world! Tarkett discloses its climate impact through CDP, the global environmental disclosure platform, which rates 23 000 companies.

Tarkett’s 2030 climate targets approved by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi)
Find out more here

*Source: 2019 Global Status Report for Buildings and Construction & International Energy Agency (IEA) & Eurostat.)

Tarkett propose des solutions bas carbone

Low Carbon Solutions

Tarkett is committed to reducing its carbon footprint throughout its value chain. Only 9% of our carbon footprint comes from our own operations: the other 91% comes from raw materials, transportation, installation and incineration of our products at the end of their life. We are improving the energy efficiency of our factories and are increasingly using renewable or non-fossil fuels.


Circular Economy

For many, waste is a source of energy and greenhouse gas emissions. For Tarkett, waste is a precious raw material with very low carbon footprint, because where others see waste, we see opportunities. We are shifting to a circular economy.